Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Set to Expire: May 29, 2015

Last week, I didn't have any expiries to report!  Sad week it was.  But I did close my $MA position early to capture 86% gain to free up some buying power within my account.

Transaction DateExpiry Date# of Days to ExpiryCALL/PUTSYMBOLSTRIKE $ContractsContract PremiumsComm. FeePremiums CollectedClosing Date# of Days HeldRealized Profit% Capture
6-Mar-201517-Jul-2015133SELL PUTMA$752$0.761.15$150.8522-May-201577$129.8786.09%

Lately, I've been selling too many low, but safe premium PUTs too far out and tying up margin funds.  I need to do more spreads to generate the income that I'm seeking.  Ultimately, this will increase my risk and commission costs, but the income generated will be worth it.  I'll just have to be more deligent in babysitting my trades.  

Sometimes, I am scared of trading too much and getting caught up in it.  I will need to evaluate my risk tolerance when making an option trade out months ahead of time.

This coming Friday,  I have a few options expiring:  

OptionPosition# Days Held
AAPL 29MAY2015 115 P518
AAPL 29MAY2015 120 P-518
SBUX 29MAY2015 50.5 P-13

I will let my $AAPL bull put spread expire worthless.  This does not take up too much room in my buying power, so I will save around $8 in commission if I were to close my position early.  This trade, I will realize a gain of $177.08.

As for $SBUX, I sold to open my position yesterday when the market selling off.  I took a risk to make $20 in basically 3 days.  Right now, it can go either way.  I'll either end up making $20 if $SBUX stays above $50.50 or I'll end up owning $SBUX for 100 shares @ $50.50.  

My hunch is $SBUX will end in my favour and I walk away with $20 in my pocket.  

You can always find my same day trades on Twitter @PC_Trades.  I keep things simple and I intend to trade and keep on building my portfolio.  

I can not believe I've come this far in this short amount of time since I started option trading.  I am very thankful for the Twitter community that have open my eyes to this untapped market that is unbeknownst to most investors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment