Monday, February 2, 2015

Option Performance Since Inception

Shifting my focus to growing and trading options in my Interactive Brokers (IB), I will showcase my performance to date since inception.  Each month, I will post my Cumulative Performance Statistics to keep me in line.  



Since opening my IB account, I have deposited $15,000.00 CAD into the account.  I have also transferred over two stock positions from Scotia Itrade.  Their book value are $6,212.00.  Both of these stocks have not been realized at a gain and their market value at the time of the transfer are reflected in the "deposit" total.  Do you get what I mean?!  So complicated, I know.

IB has a lot of great features like generating a bunch of in depth reports about the performance of your account!  There are so many different options you can choose from.  IB is truly a real interactive full blown brokerage.  It is still a little foreign to me, but eventually, I will get around to learning their interface to the full advantage.

I never really kept track of my overall performance.  Seriously, I lost track of how much of my own money put into my margin accounts..  I've switched from TDW -> Investorline -> Itrade -> Questrade -> Virtual Brokers.  I do not have a detailed account history report from all of my brokerages.

Moral of my story:  Be organized and keep track of your performance!  Do not lose years like I did.  


2 comments:

  1. Looks like your doing great! good job! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My strategy is to have consistent income each month from selling PUTs and doing spreads.

      Delete