Thursday, April 16, 2015

Set to expire: April 17th

Thank goodness it's "almost" Friday!  This has become my favorite day of the week.  Options expires on Fridays and that's when I can see if they expire worthless or not... it's all about playing chicken!

OptionPositionDays Held
MDLZ 17APR2015 34 P-121
TXRH 17APR2015 35 P-117

$MDLZ will expire worthless tomorrow unless we have a market crash on our hands.  No action on my part.  I get to keep $21.91 collected when I sold the PUT option.

$TXRH on the other hand is trading close to $35/share currently.  I will have to keep an eye on this one to see if I want to roll this out to a later month or get assigned.  If TXRH stays above $35/share, I will get to keep $21.75 collected when I sold the PUT option.

These are small plays with minimal buying power.  Worse that can happen is I end up getting assigned with 100 shares of the stock.  My next exit strategy would be selling covered calls on the stock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment