Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Option/Stock Performance

May has come and gone for the stock market.  The saying goes, "Sell in May and go away!"  And sure did I sell some PUTs!

This month IB portfolio did better than I expected.  It gained 3.46%.  Could this be the top of the market?  On the last trading day of May, the markets turned red, very red.  I lost a couple percentage point that day alone.  But overall, I am very happy with the performance of my portfolio from option trading.  The stats speak for itself.  



In May, I ended up realizing $1,014.56 in net option premiums, but I spent $53.35 in commissions.  I let 14 expire worthless, I closed 1 position early, and I rolled 1 position to the next month. 

Till the next month.  Let's see if I can keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment