Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Set to Expire: May 15, 2015

May 15th is actually the third Friday of the month!  If you're on a bi-weekly payroll, then you'll have three paydays!  Unfortunately for me, I'm on a monthly payroll, so I'll have to make due till the end of month.  

That's why it is important for me to create weekly income from option trading!  I am focused on growing my Interactive Brokers (IB) account to set myself free from the working world.  Quite the ways to go, but I am chipping away at it one month at a time!

This coming Friday, I have a few options expiring:

OptionPosition# Days Held
AAPL 15MAY2015 117 P-210
DRI 15MAY2015 62.5 P-14
LMT 15MAY2015 180 P625
LMT 15MAY2015 185 P-625
MDLZ 15MAY2015 35 P-218
XOP 15MAY2015 50 P-27
PEY.TO 15MAY2015 34 P-14

If all goes my way, I will get to keep my premiums of $401.76 that I collected right from the dates I sold them at.  

No major concerns, but the two trades I did recently on Monday for quick cash are starting to go sour... DRI & PEY.TO.  I will either let them get assigned or roll it down when it comes to Friday.  I shall see when the time comes!

Hmm, next Friday, I don't have any options expiring!  Time for to scour for premiums that still have some juice in them.  




2 comments:

  1. PC,

    Does you trade as a corporation or an individual. If you trade so much, would CRA consider you a trader and your gains and losses are taxes 100% as income and not 50% as capital gains?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello thanks for dropping by!! I trade as an individual. I am a small timer trader.. Even though I trade quite a few times in a month.. The gains are not significant enough to make a blimp on CRA's radar. So I continue to trade and try to build my portfolio up! Trust me there are other traders that many times what I do.

      Delete