Thursday, July 30, 2015

Set to Expire: July 31st

July was full of earning reports.  My Good-to-Cancel (GTC) order for $GOOG got filled at the last minute of the trading day for $580 per share on July 16th just before Google spiked up in after hours.  I sold off 60% of my shares of $GOOG and made a pretty penny of it.  I'm a little disappointed that I held all these years only to sell it off just before it really jumped in price.  It's a curse I tell ya!


OptionPosition
FB 31JUL2015 85 P-1
MA 31JUL2015 91 P-1
SBUX 31JUL2015 57.5 C1

I'm going to let my PUTS expire worthless as they're pretty out of the money in today's market.  I am looking to forward to keeping the $168.42 premiums I collected in less than a week of opening the trades.  

As for my earnings play call for $SBUX, I think I'll have to take a loss in this one.  I need $SBUX to go above $58.50/share by tomorrow in order for me to break even.  Most I can lose is $100 of my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment