Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ka-Ching!

Last Friday, I felt the trading force with me.  One of my riskier option trades are buying CALLS.  I put down $995 of my own money on the line!  If $GOOG goes below my strike price of $630 within a week, my CALL will drop dramatically.  But lucky for me, I hit the mother f'n load!


BOUGHT 1 GOOG Aug14'15 630 CALL @ 9.95

After the market closed on Monday, Google revealed they're going to re-organize and rename themselves as Alphabet Inc.  After hour trading went on a frenzy after this announcement, $GOOG traded upwards to 6%!  

So this morning, I was wide awake before 6:30am... itching to see how much I can cash out for!  I set a limit to sell order for 43.95 and it filled shortly after.  



2 day hold.  +442%.  Cashed out for $3399.41 net profit. 

I wish I can do this everyday... but this opportunity does not come very often.  Like I said in my previous post, August is my lucky month!! 

You might wonder, what influenced my trade?  

No one influenced me.  This is a trade I made on my own discretion.  Thing with buying a CALL is you must be bullish on the stock between the time you buy the CALL and expiration date.  I looked at the chart and figured the support was at $630/share.  So I decided to buy a CALL for $630 hoping to make some quick cash.  Little did I know, I would hit a jackpot!

For the past year or two, Google struggled to make any headway.  It wasn't moving anywhere while other stocks have made leaps and bounds.  

I am a Google girl.  Back in 2012, I bought shares of Google when people thought they were too expensive.  But I still stuck with them.  



3 comments:

  1. Sweet.. that puts my less than 2 day call option in TD for 33% (or $124.10) a few months back to shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got really lucky this time around.

      33% gain for your CALL is still good! Better than my long Covered Calls on TD haha.

      Delete
    2. I meant short Covered Calls. I always get my long/short mixed up.

      Delete