Friday, August 28, 2015

Quiet Times

No option expiry to report today.  I've been busy at work lately with the auditors up our asses.  But today, I get some time to myself as my controller is not at work.  (He caught me browsing before and had a talk with me before.)

Last Friday, the market continued to drop.  My portfolio sank hard and fast.  This week, I saw my portfolio fluctuate $15k.  It's hard to swallow then you're watching all your paper gains disappear before your eyes!  

I had a few short PUTs to roll out:  $FB to Nov15, (2)-$NFLX Jan16 & (2)-$WMT Jan17!  My buying power will be tied up for a while.  I am staying cautious at this time.  A little annoyed that I made those trades earlier in the week and it blew up in my face.  If only, I let my shares assigned for $FB & $NFLX, I'd be able to walk away with a few hundred buckeroos... but I was scared and covered my ass with lower strike prices for $FB @ $77.50 and $NFLX @ $95.00. But time is of the essence.  

Another missed opportunity, I closed my long PUTS @ $209.50 on $SPY just before the market crashed last Thursday.  OPPORTUNITY WAS THERE FOR ME, but I squandered it all. 

Anyways, time to move on and quit reminiscing.  I have a number of options expiring on Sept18'15.  I hope the market continues to stabilize and make a run back up to the levels where we have gotten so used to!   


No comments:

Post a Comment