Thursday, March 26, 2015

Set to Expire: March 27th

OptionPositionDays Held
FB 27MAR2015 68.5 P-116
MA 27MAR2015 83.5 P-118
SBUX 27MAR2015 88.5 P-118

I sold very out of the money (OTM) PUTS on FB, MA, SBUX two weeks ago and collected $85.63 in premiums after commissions.  I risked a total of $24,050.00 of buying power, but once the contracts expire worthless, my buying power will be replenished and I can do more option trading.

I am using the size of my portfolio to create income through options.  Taking advantage of the margin & buying power that I have in my non-registered account @ IB.  

Of course, there are risks involved.  But with calculated bets, I have generated income streams from selling puts and credit put spreads mostly.  I have also dabbled in buying calls and selling covered calls.  

I continue to learn and evolve as I pick up things from here and there. 

A lot of people would say: "Whoa, hold on there, you're risking $24,050.00 just to make $85.63?"
Yes, of course, there are risks involved when trading options.  Worst case scenario, I end up getting assigned if current market prices decide to fall to my strike prices.  I will just end up owning 100 shares of FB, MA & SBUX in which I don't mind really.  I know they're strong good companies that won't go belly up. 

3 comments:

  1. Easy $85 win in your pocket. Using large companies to sell OTM is not all that risky compared to some of the things Blerghh does lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm just keeping it simple. Blerghh is advanced. I haven't tried strangled options yet. But I will look into it one day.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete